Hello everyone, this blog is going to be about me and my obsession with horses and Breyer horses.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Dreamers new work out


hi everyone!! so I don't know if I told you about Dreamers back legs or not, but basically she was Born with something called (cow hocking) it's where the hocks are loose and her lower legs twist in when she walks, don't worry it doesn't hurt her the only set back is that 1 she isn't very strong in her back legs and 2 that means she is Not going to be able to do any serious training or competitions. recently I was watching videos on horses with cow hocking and didn't really find anything but I found a couple that had horses with stifle problems they kind of walked a little bit like her, so I found this video to help horse with stifle issues! basically what you do is have your horse stand tied up make sure she/he is standing kinda square and start pulling lightly on its tail just take the whole tail and pull to the side it will make them go a little off balance which will make them use that muscle by the stifle to rebalance themselves you can do about 15-20 on each side and probably 5 reps I think it is making a difference and I am super excited!! I am always looking for ways to make Dreamers life better.                       Thank you for Reading and I will see you next time.
P.S. please comment if you have any questions!!!

2 comments: